INDIANAPOLIS (WANE) - Kroger announced thousands of price reductions on produce, natural foods and other grocery items on Tuesday. As it is reducing prices for all customers, the company has decided to no longer double manufacturer coupons.
Prices will be reduced at all Kroger stores starting on Thursday July 11. Double coupons will be eliminated on July 31.
In Tuesday's press release, Kroger stated that it believes the lower produce prices will encourage customers to increase the amount of healthy, nutritious produce in their diet.
The program will also apply to a large number of natural and organic foods. Natural food sale have more than doubled at Kroger stores over the course of four years, a trend that accelerated when Kroger launched its Simple Truth line.
Due to the investment Kroger is making for in lower prices for all customers, Kroger Central Division has decided to no longer double manufacturer coupons, starting July 31. Coupons will continue to be accepted at face value.
Kroger sent out the following list of other price reduction campaigns they will continue to offer customers:
- Fuel rewards for loyalty card customers up to $1 per gallon in 10 cent (100 point) increments. For customers and associates using a Kroger Visa card, an additional 5 cent savings is possible, increasing to 30 cents per gallon, or up to $1.30 per gallon, during some promotional periods
- During the Summer of Savings campaign, customers can receive double fuel rewards when they shop at Kroger Central Division stores on weekends.
- During a special promotional period, customers can receive quadruple fuel rewards when they purchase gift cards.
- In addition to fuel rewards, Kroger i-wireless customers also can earn free minute s rewards when they shop at participating Kroger-owned stores and they use their Kroger plus card. Kroger's i-wireless program is the only prepaid cell service that offers free minutes for food, prescription and gift card purchases.
- Low cost prescriptions , including $4 ( 30-day supply) and $10 generic prescriptions ( 90-day supply)
- Loyalty mailers with outstanding cost savings tailored to individual customers' shopping habits and needs. These loyalty mailers benefit the 96% of customers who use a Kroger loyalty card. Kroger has the largest customer loyalty database in the world.
- Digital coupons available to customers however they most conveniently access them; through www.kroger.com or through a Kroger app that works on all iPhone and Android smart devices. Although the offerings change every day, www.kroger.com features more than 100 different coupons for download every day. More than 15 million digital coupons are downloaded by Kroger loyalty customers every month and that number continues to grow, particularly by customers who use the app to download real-time while shopping in our stores.
- Weekly specials that are carefully chosen to provide real savings to as many customers as possible, including Mega-Sales, 10 for $10, Cart-Busters, Mix-and-Match and other specials.
According to President of Kroger Central Division Jeff Burt, "When the United States experienced an economic downturn in 2008, The Kroger Co. responded by reducing prices throughout our stores, benefitting both our customers and our associates.
"Since that time, we have reduced prices in our meat and seafood departments multiple times, reduced our produce prices more than once, aggressively focused on reducing prices for natural foods and organic items as they became increasingly important to our customers, as well as continuing to introduce new low-cost, high-quality Kroger brand items in every department in the store.
"We will continue to leverage our scale as the largest traditional food store in the U.S., working collaboratively with suppliers to reduce costs, and then sharing those cost reductions with customers. We have made tremendous progress in recent years in reducing our operating costs, while continuing to reward our associates with what we believe is the most generous total compensation package in the industry.
"Those operating cost reductions also have been shared with customers and associates through lower prices. At a time when so many members of the extended Kroger family still face financial challenges, I am encouraged that this multi-million dollar investment will be very helpful to both associate and customer households across Indiana and Illinois."
A Lafayette man charged with multiple bank robberies in Tippecanoe and Clinton Counties pleads guilty to a series of bank robberies in Illinois.
The drop in temperatures brings the potential for health dangers, such as hypothermia and frost bite. The bitter temperatures can pose a threat for children, adults and pets.
As it stands Wednesday, there will be no FEMA aid for tornado survivors in Howard County.