MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) - What started as a trash fire became a structure fire, engulfing Twin Lakes Enterprises in Monticello.
The White County Sheriff's Office received the call just after 3:30 Saturday afternoon.
Fire officials said workers were burning trash outside the pole barn in a controlled environment. Firefighters said the workers thought the fire was put out safely, and went inside.
Shortly after, workers said they smelled smoke, and went outside to find one side of the building engulfed in flames.
Five fire departments responded to the fire and firefighters said the building is a total loss. No one was injured in the fire.
News 18 will continue to update this story.
Three sections of the Hoosier Heartland Highway in Tippecanoe County are set to be re-named in recognition of three Medal of Honor recipients.
The opening of Indiana's first liquefied natural gas refueling station has officials touting the use of the alternative fuel.
Democratic schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz and other members of the Indiana State Board of Education are meeting with a mediator called in to help with the state's ongoing education battles.