CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A Carroll County home is ruled as a total loss after it becomes engulfed in flames.
Fire officials said the fire broke out at 10572 West Horseshoe Bend Road in Brookston around 7:30 Saturday evening.
Emergency crews from Delphi, Brookston, Flora, Camden and Monticello fire departments responded to the fire.
Fire officials said they had the fire under control within 25 minutes. Firefighters said the homeowners were not in the house when the fire broke out, so nobody was injured.
Originally, firefighters thought a propane tank in the back of the house may have exploded. However, they have ruled that is not the cause of the fire.
Investigators are waiting for crews to completely extinguish the fire before moving in. They said as of right now, they're not sure what may have caused the fire. It remains under investigation. News 18 will continue to keep you updated.
Indiana Governor Mike Pence (R) proposed a pre-K voucher program as part of his 2014 agenda. The program would give underprivileged children access to pre-K programs.
This is the third year for the Shop with a Cop program, in which officers take children shopping, spending up to $175 on clothing and toys for each child.
The cold and the snow didn't stop hundreds from coming out to Lafayette's annual Christmas Parade.