WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A fire broke out at a Purdue University fraternity house Saturday morning, forcing several members to move.
Purdue firefighters said they responded to the call at the Alpha Epsilon Pi house on David Ross Road around 6:30 Saturday morning.
When they arrived, firefighters said they discovered the blaze in the chapter room. Firefighters said everyone made it out of the home safely.
Fire officials said the cause of the fire was accidental. According to firefighters, the room was heavily damaged by fire and smoke.
Firefighters said 17 residents have been placed in Purdue Village for the remainder of the semester. The Office of the Dean of Students is also working with the students to provide additional services.
As Purdue classes end for the semester, campus bar representatives and local law enforcement met to discuss what they noticed during the semester.
More than 45 kids got a special Christmas gift from the mayor of Lafayette.
Authorities make two arrests Monday night in connection with a counterfeiting case.