BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) - Battle Ground Golf Club golfers will notice thicker wallets this season. The course is lowering prices.
Manager Shane Weist said he wants to appeal to new customers to make this season a hole in one.
"We have a weekday rate of $32 and a weekend rate of $37," Weist said. "That's 18 holes with a cart. We're looking for ways to appeal to the people who used to play at the [Lafayette] Municipal [Golf Course]."
Earlier this year the Lafayette Parks Board decided to close the Lafayette Municipal Golf Course. The decision came after former Battle Ground Golf Club Owner John Scheumann donated the course to the Parks Foundation.
Weist said closing the city course will help all area golf courses.
"We're flooded with golf courses and not enough golfers," Weist said. "The idea of the donation was partly to eliminate a golf course, and allow there to be less golf courses so we can pick up around here."
Scheumann bought the Battle Ground Golf Club in 2005 to prevent it from going under. On Tuesday the course will officially open under new ownership.
Winter weather delayed opening by a month. Workers are getting everything dried up for opening.
For a list of tee times visit the course's website.
Indiana Governor Mike Pence (R) proposed a pre-K voucher program as part of his 2014 agenda. The would give underprivileged children access to pre-K programs.
A former Frankfort middle school principal is arrested for his part in what police call a child sex abuse case.
West Lafayette police have arrested one of the men they say robbed a restaurant while armed with a machete.