WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Firefighters have put out a fire that reignited at Pine Manor on Yeager Road, just south of US 52 near Anthrop Street in West Lafayette.
Police say a kitchen grease fire that began in a basement apartment around 10:05 p.m. Monday night flared back up around 1:00 a.m. Tuesday morning, this time on the third floor. According to West Lafayette Fire Chief Philip Drew, 49 residents were evacuated.
CityBus arrived to help transport the residents to a nearby Red Cross for warmth and shelter. Drew says around 30 of those evacuated are international students at Purdue University. The school is working to help those Purdue residents who were displaced as a result of the fire.
No one was injured, but firefighters had to help a man who was on the third level of the apartment building out of his apartment during the first reported fire.
Indiana Governor Mike Pence (R) proposed a pre-K voucher program as part of his 2014 agenda. The program would give underprivileged children access to pre-K programs.
Several generations gathered Saturday to remember a day that will live in infamy. The day marked 72 years since the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Almost Home is holding an open house with special adoption deals.