LOGANSPORT, Ind. (WLFI) - 29 people in Indiana and Illinois were arrested in a massive drug raid Monday morning.
Indiana State Police said officers executed arrest and search warrants in six counties in Indiana:
And 2 counties in Illinois :
Police said they seized around 13 pounds of suspected marijuana, LSD, hallucinogenic mushrooms, guns, a marijuana grow operation with about 200 plants, around 37 grams of suspected cocaine, $34,000 in cash, 10 vehicles, and two jet skis.
The investigation started with the Logansport Police Department, the Cass County Sheriff's Department, and ISP, but five additional agencies eventually got involved, including the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Indiana.
State Police have released names of 14 of the people involved.
- George Z. Setser, 37, Logansport
- Dennis P. Wildrick, 37, Logansport
- Charles Flaherty, 50, Lafayette
- Matt T. Burkett, 38, Logansport
- Jay D. Howell, 53, Logansport
- Jimmy Marshall, 31, Donovan, Illinois
- Brandon D. Kinser, 33, Frankfort
- Michael Curtis, 52, Logansport
- Denise Curtis, 42, Logansport
- Kenneth Fox, 44, Logansport
- Patrick Fox, 46, Lake Cicott
- Ricardo Guardia, 19
- Jaremy Simms, 23
- Wendy Stone, 32
Police said 52-year-old Rodney Walters of Delphi was also arrested on drug charges as a direct result of the investigation, but officers say he was not an original target.
Food Finders unveiled a new online fundraising challenge that could raise an additional $40,000 towards feeding the hungry.
A man is still in critical condition tonight after an apartment fire, and police say a cigarette may be to blame.
It was almost a year ago when Frankfort Police Chief Troy Bacon asked residents to report anything suspicious they see, especially drugs.