LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - D&R Market's Certified Meatologist Patrick Johnson will share casserole tips on the Morning Show Wednesday morning.
Here are the ingedient lists for the dishes he is making:
Green Bean Casserole Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
Sweet Potato Casserole Ingredients:
- 5 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pecan halves (4 ounces)
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Giving these a try? Leave a comment to let us know how it turned out, share a cooking tip, or suggest a variation on the recipe!
Nelson Mandela, who became one of the world's most beloved statesmen when he emerged from 27 years in prison to negotiate an end to white minority rule in South Africa, has died.
More than 300 adults students working to get a high school diploma have a new home in Lafayette.
The Tippecanoe County Magistrate Sean Persin announced his candidacy for Superior Court 5 Thursday night in front of more than 60 people at Adelino's in Lafayette.