Updated: Monday, 17 Dec 2012, 10:42 AM EST
Published : Monday, 17 Dec 2012, 6:33 AM EST
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Monday, work begins to bring down 17 more homes damaged homes at the site of the southside explosion.
In all, 33 homes are being torn down.
Friday, Marion County's prosecutor met with the family of Dion and Jennifer Longworth, who were killed in the explosion, to update them on the case. Terry Curry said additional search warrants were served last week, and investigators are now testing evidence from the scene at a lab run by the ATF.
"I am satisfied that there's an exhaustive ... and complete investigation being undertaken at this time,” Curry said. “Again, there are steps that are being taken, every single day."
The Department of Public Safety said last week it has already spent more than $300,000 on the investigation and response to the explosion.
Comments WLFI.com is migrating to a more stable commenting system called DISQUS. This system is used by CNN, TIME, FOX News, numerous blogging sites and has over 75 Million registered users. Unfortunately we can't migrate our current user accounts to this new system.
To sign up for a DISQUS account, click the DISQUS button just below and to the right and then click Login.
DISQUS lets you login with several different options, including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo or OpenID. We expect it to allow more conversation and better moderation. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below.