Lucas Oil Stadium as seen from Chopper 8. (WISH Photo/Brett Bensley)
Updated: Tuesday, 05 Feb 2013, 5:53 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 05 Feb 2013, 5:53 PM EST
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The head of Indianapolis' Super Bowl bid committee says it won't use Sunday's power outage against New Orleans as the cities lobby to host the 2018 Super Bowl.
Indiana Sports Corp. president Allison Melangton says planners prefer to sell Indy's own assets.
Melangton provided an update Tuesday on the city's plan to follow up on last year's successful game by bringing a second Super Bowl to Indianapolis. New Orleans, which hosted Sunday's game, is planning to bid on the 2018 game. Melangton says she expects Atlanta and Tampa, Fla., to join the competition. Other contenders could include Minneapolis, if the new stadium is complete, and cities that lost out on the 2017 game.
Comments WLFI.com is migrating to a more stable commenting system called DISQUS. This system is used by CNN, TIME, FOX News, numerous blogging sites and has over 75 Million registered users. Unfortunately we can't migrate our current user accounts to this new system.
To sign up for a DISQUS account, click the DISQUS button just below and to the right and then click Login.
DISQUS lets you login with several different options, including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo or OpenID. We expect it to allow more conversation and better moderation. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below.