LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - This recipe is from the chefs at RedSeven Bar & Grill .
3/4 cup finely chopped peeled ripe bananas
1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
16 wonton wrappers
1 large egg, beaten to blend
vegetable oil for frying
powdered sugar for dusting
- Gently mix bananas, brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, walnuts and pecans in medium bowl, being careful not to smash bananas.
- Lay wonton wrappers on work surface and brush edges with egg.
- Spoon 1 1/2 heaping teaspoons banana filling into center of each wrapper.
- Fold wrappers diagonally over filling. Press edges to seal.
- Place on baking sheet lined with plastic wrap. Add enough oil to a large skillet to reach 2 inches.
- Heat over medium heat to 350°F.
- Add ravioli, in batches, and cook until golden brown, about 45 seconds per side. Using tongs, transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Arrange ravioli on serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.
Giving this recipe a try? Leave a comment to let us know how it turned out, share a cooking tip, or suggest a variation on the recipe!