Updated: Tuesday, 07 Feb 2012, 12:28 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 07 Feb 2012, 12:28 PM EST
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Continuing to build upon its suite of digital offerings, WLFI today announced its new and enhanced iPad app that combines its award-winning local content, video and citizen journalism technology, “Report It”, among other unique features, in a user-friendly experience that is customized and optimized for the tablet.
Highlights of WLFI Version 2.0 iPad app include:
· Immediate access to stories and blogs published in real-time from WLFI digital content centers
· Breaking news alerts to help users stay informed even when the app is closed
· Enhanced video presentation in one easy to navigate, comprehensive catalog
· Interactive weather maps and information designed for consistency on all media platforms
· New “Report It” functionality that leverages iPad’s built-in features, allowing users to easily send and share news, photos and videos
“We are pleased to continue our tradition of bringing innovative products to market and making it more convenient for users to access our superior local content on the most popular electronic devices,” said General Manager, Marc Elliott. “Our new iPad app was thoughtfully designed to deliver a best-in-class user experience and be the preferred local news app in West Central Indiana.”
In October 2010, WLFI launched its first generation iPad app into the emerging tablet space.
Since the launch of the iPad 2, WLFI has been perfecting its technology to take advantage of the tablet’s increased processing power, photo and video enhancements and new graphics engine. Version 2.0 is available free of charge on wlfi.com and in the app store.