MONROE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Bloomington police arrested three people Tuesday in relation to local drug activity.
Just after 6 p.m. police pulled over a vehicle traveling on Patterson Drive near Second Street for having its taillights out. The driver, 38-year-old Seth Patterson of Bloomington (not pictured), turned out to be wanted on a warrant in Owen County. Officers allegedly found Patterson in possession of syringes, drug paraphernalia, about three grams of heroin and two grams of methamphetamine.
After Patterson tried to ditch the meth and heroin at the scene, he was arrested and taken to the Monroe County Jail.
Police say at around 10:30 that evening, a traffic stop was conducted on a vehicle with no license plate traveling on State Road 43 near the border of Greene and Monroe counties.
After a K-9 unit alerted officers to the possible presence of drugs, 40-year-old Kary Todd of Solsberry was found in possession heroin. Another passenger, 41-year-old Jeffrey Crowder of Bloomington was found with methamphetamine.
Todd and Crowder were arrested and taken to Greene County Jail.
Seth Patterson was preliminarily charged with dealing heroin/narcotic drug, possession of heroin/narcotic drug, possession of methamphetamine, possession of syringes, possession of drug paraphernalia and obstruction of justice.
Kary Todd was preliminarily charged with possession of heroin/narcotic drug while Jeffrey Crowder was preliminarily charged with possession of methamphetamine.
- Traffic stops lead to 3 drug-related arrests in Monroe Co.
- Traffic stop leads to discovery of drugs
- Tippecanoe Co. traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Traffic stop turns up drugs and leads to 5 arrests
- Police investigation leads to multiple drug-related arrests in Bloomington
- ISP traffic stop ends in 2 drug arrests
- Twelve people arrested for drug related incident
- Traffic stop leads to discovery of hidden meth
- Marijuana bust leads to 476 pounds seized following traffic stop
- LPD increases drug-related arrests by 92 percent