HOWARD COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Darius Printup is behind bars for at least the fourth time since he was acquitted of the murder of a Lafayette art teacher in July.
Printup was arrested early Friday morning in Howard County on a motion to revoke his bond on his marijuana charge in Tippecanoe County.
Tippecanoe County Prosecutor Patrick Harrington says one of the conditions of his bond was good and lawful behavior.
When Printup was charged in Jasper County for carrying a handgun without a permit, possession of a controlled substance and marijuana, Harrington argues he violated his bond in Tippecanoe County.
Now, the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department will pick up Printup from the Howard County Jail and bring him to the Tippecanoe County Jail.
There is no law requiring the county to do this in a timely manner. He could be in the jail for a while until a new bond is set by the Tippecanoe Superior Court Judge.
- Printup arrested after motion to revoke his bond
- Darius Printup arrested in Lake County
- Printup turned away from local gun range
- Motions to dismiss filed in lawsuit involving Isaac Haas
- Tippecanoe County Health Department revokes Ichiban's food permit
- Earhart teacher arrested for alleged child exploitation out on bond
- Landfill operator sues 2 Indiana counties over bond money
- Three arrested in prostitution sting
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- Man arrested after I-65 crash