BENTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- A woman has passed away after a fiery crash near Oxford in Benton County.
Investigators said 48-year-old Lora Poss was headed north on State Road 55 near State Road 52 when her car ran off the road, hit railroad tracks and the caught fire.
The crash was called in by the Oxford town official, who just happened to be driving by. The car was fully engulfed by that time. He called for backup, and they were able to get the woman out.
She was taken to a local hospital where she passed away.
Police are still looking into why her vehicle left the road. They don't believe drugs or alcohol were involved.
- Woman pulled from burning car crash has died
- Woman dies in car crash involving police car in Clinton County
- Woman dies after South Street crash
- Coroner: Man pulled from Lake Shafer died accidentally
- Water Response Team pulls car out of Wabash River
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies
- Woman had 5 drinks before son, 2, found in hot car, dies
- Pedestrian dies in Klondike Road crash
- Kokomo teen dies in Miami Co. crash
- EMT Dies in Miami County Crash