Much of the area stayed dry this weekend, but a few of you caught some isolated showers/t'showers. The heat & mugginess was intense, however, even with the nice breeze!
A few showers/storms are also possible tomorrow, Tuesday & Wednesday. For Labor Day, keep your plans, but be aware that some of you may need to briefly run indoors for a quick shower/storm or two. Keep an umbrella at any parade & "when thunder roars go indoors". Rainfall coverage will average 25-30% for the day. Rainfall coverage may gradually increase some late Thursday to Friday. It will be rather breezy, hot & humid to very humid all week with highs near 90 to the lower 90s, heat indices near 100 & overnight lows only dropping into the 70s.
As cold front passes next weekend, showers & storms will peak in coverage with highs in the muggy 80s.
The question is.......will the remnants of the tropical storm or hurricane that makes landfall along the Gulf Coast directly affect us...........even pass over our area? Trends have been for the main core of any tropical remnants to track west & northwest of our area, adding to the flooding woes from Kansas to Iowa, Wisconsin & northern Illinois to Michigan.
It appears that the center & bulk of the heaviest rainfall from the system will pass west & northwest of our area at this time. REGARDLESS, there will be showers/storms next weekend anyway with the cold front approaching. The tropical system will help to pull deeper moisture northward into our area, leading to heavier downpours.
Should the core of the remnants track farther to the east, then the threat of widespread, heavier rainfall will INCREASE. Stay tuned........
I expect 4-10" of rainfall this week to next weekend from Kansas to Wisconsin & northern Illinois from a combination of the front & tropical remnants. Here, rainfall will vary from 0.60-2.50" this week to next weekend with much of it falling next weekend.
Notice that model storm track have it between Arkansas & Texas by Friday.
Once the tropical system &/or cold front depart, another cold front may bring a few more showers & storms, followed by drier weather to mid-September.
- Will Upcoming Tropical System with a Gulf Coast Landfall Directly Affect Us?
- Gulf Coast prepares for Gordon's expected arrival as hurricane
- Hurricane Michael takes aim at 300-mile Gulf Coast target
- Hurricane Michael makes landfall in Florida Panhandle with 155-mph winds
- Hurricane Michael is hours away from landfall and getting stronger
- Coolest Morning Since May 9.......Another Look at Any Florence Impacts & Impacts From Gulf of Mexico System
- WLFD prepares for upcoming high-rises
- Info: Upcoming Purdue football spring game
- Details released in upcoming South Street closure
- Michael weakens to tropical storm as it moves across Georgia