LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A wig shop in Lafayette is giving people the opportunity to gain their confidence back after losing their hair.
When you drive by on Old U.S. 231, you might just miss what's hidden behind the big pine trees. Batchelor's Beauty Basket & Wig Shop is helping one woman during her beginning stages of chemotherapy.
The owner said something magical is giving people the chance to feel themselves again. For almost 40 years, Cheryl Batchelor's family has owned Batchelor's Beauty Basket & Wig Shop.
"I do have a lot of different customers that are losing their hair," said Batchelor. "You know it could be due to stress or medical reasons, chemotherapy, lots of different reasons,"
The shop supplies synthetic wigs, giving shoppers the chance to make their purchase last longer. All different colors, cuts and styles; a decision Pam Griese has never had to make before. She is planning ahead for the look she wants after she begins chemotherapy next week.
"I cant dig a hole and be real, 'oh woah it's me' kind of situation and you know," said Griese. "Maybe I'm going to get better hair than I've had before!"
She was diagnosed with breast cancer in March, a disease her mother also passed away from at age 85.
After a number of changes on which wig to buy, seeking approval from family and friends, she's found the one she wants.
But still remembers how lucky she is, unlike those before her, to have the support and comfort of the wigs and her friend Cheryl.
"In my mind, I think they suffered more than I may have to. But there is such an encouragement. So, I want to keep my sense of humor and know I am going to get through it. Just a new journey in my life," said Griese.
Batchelor's Beauty Basket & Wig Shop is open Wednesday through Saturday.
- Wig shop helps woman going through cancer treatment
- Florescent dye to help reduce cancer surgeries
- Prosecutor leads challenge to help fight intern's cancer
- Purdue fans "Hammer Down" cancer
- Indiana officials aim to expand drug treatment programs
- Melania Trump in hospital for treatment of kidney condition
- Lafayette Renew present solution to aging water treatment boiler
- Teddy bear helps fill void left by Sunnyside student battling cancer
- Shop with the mayor spreads holiday cheer
- Shop With a Cop brings community together