Scroll for more content...
There's an ordinance before the city council that would align the utility service area with the trash and recycling area.
Street Commissioner Ben Anderson said right now, there about 1,100 people who receive sewage services outside of city limits. They would then be included in the trash and recycling routes.
Anderson said the department is currently working to redraw the routes. They also keep getting requests.
"People are coming and going and they call and say, 'I'd like to start my sanitary sewer service and when is my trash?' 'Where do you live? Well, you're actually in the county. We don't provide you trash,'" explained Anderson. "This will clean up a lot of those things and make that a little easier for the customer in the future."
The council will also vote on an expanded riverfront district on Monday. That will hopefully help draw in more business because of special liquor licenses.
- West Lafayette could expand trash and recycling services
- WL council will address expansion for trash and recycling services
- WL council puts trash and recycling expansion on hold
- WL council moves forward with trash and recycling expansion
- Franciscan Health Lafayette East's campus expanding
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- Rensselaer holiday trash schedule
- Frankfort holiday trash collection schedule
- West Lafayette leaf pickup begins Tuesday