The heat wave should peak this weekend with lots of sun & only a very isolated storm Saturday & a few scattered storms Sunday. Highs will run near 90 to the mid 90s with peak heat indices near 104 to as high as 112. Overnight lows will be in the sultry mid 70s.
There will be periodic showers & storms all week with hours of dry weather in-between. Isolated severe weather is possible at times. It will not be quite as hot, but still very humid. Daily highs will run 88-93 with lows near 72. Heat indices should peak, on average, 97 to as high as 107 daily.
NEAR JULY 10 TO JULY 31:
The overall trend beyond near July 10 is for cooler weather with a lack of really intense, long-lived heat waves. Through some ups & downs, temperatures should overall average-out below normal mid to late July (normal high/low around 86/65).
Rainfall should average near normal mid to late July (normal rainfall for that period: around 2.80").
The first half of August looks wetter than normal. 160% of the normal rainfall in the north part of the viewing area, 140% in the central & 120% in the south seem reasonable currently (normal rainfall for that period: around 1.80"). Rainfall could be double of what normally falls at that time from northern Illinois to northeastern Iowa.
Temperatures look below normal, overall, at first, then more normal as we get into mid-August (normal high/low around 84/62).
- WEATHER OUTLOOK NOW-AUGUST 15
- Weekend Outlook
- VARIABLE RAINFALL WITH A FEW +4" TOTALS.......OUTLOOK RIGHT INTO AUGUST
- Overall Weather Trends to August 4
- OVERALL WEATHER FORECAST NOW TO MID-AUGUST
- THE LATEST AREA OUTLOOK TO NEXT TUESDAY
- THE BOTTOM LINE OUTLOOK NOW-JULY 20
- THOUGHTS ON THE WINTER & TO EARLY NEXT SPRING OUTLOOK
- NEW DATA IS IN! COMPLETE OUTLOOK TO LATE JULY!