WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Two workers suffered minor injuries Friday afternoon at the 'Rise at Chauncey' construction site at 100 South Chauncey Avenue. According to Jeff Need Deputy Chief West Lafayette Fire Department, the workers fell after a failure occurred in a support system.
One worker was able to catch himself after a short fall, the other fell 15 to 20 feet. Both men were taken to the hospital with non-life threating injuries.
St. Louis-based Brinkmann Constructors, the project’s general contractor working on the building is conducting an internal investigation into the incident.
- Two workers involved in accident at Chauncey construction site.
- Community reacts to Chauncey Hill Mall demolition
- Developer seeks public input for Chauncey Village
- Take a look inside the historic homes around New Chauncey
- Apartments and retail building approved for Chauncey Village
- New development planned for Chauncey Hill Mall in West Lafayette
- Community input needed for Chauncey Hill Mall redevelopment
- Jake's Roadhouse closes as Chauncey Hill Mall demolition looms
- High school student breaks into WL construction site, climbs crane
- Construction on hospital pauses after worker receives shock