LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — More orange construction barrels will soon be popping up around Purdue University. The second phase of the state street redevelopment project starts in less than a month.
The public is invited to hear the traffic plans for this phase of construction at two meetings on Thursday. This will also be a chance to ask questions.
The first meeting starts at 12:00 p.m. in room 103 of Purdue's Grissom Hall. That's at 315 North Grant Street. The second meeting is at 6:00 p.m. at the West Lafayette Public Library. It will be held in the Walnut Room.
Very little work will be done on State Street this year. Crews will focus on Stadium Avenue, around Williams Street, and Airport Road. Director of Development Erik Carlson said work is expected to start on March 5th.
"That's the work on Stadium," said Carlson. "Near Ross-Ade and the arena so that everything can be done in time for football season."
The traffic plan can be found here. The plan includes main road closures and access roads.
"That's one of the reason that we did the work on State Street last year," Carlson said. "Changing the one-ways to two-ways so people had easy paths around when this phase of the work was going to begin this year
- Meetings to detail Phase two of State Street Redevelopment Project
- Final phase of State Street redevelopment to begin Monday
- 2018 construction planned for the State Street Redevelopment Project
- Final Phase of West Lafayette State Street Project begins in March
- West Lafayette City Council proposes lengthy redevelopment project
- Flooding Recovery Phase Begins
- Details released in upcoming South Street closure
- Lafayette Redevelopment Commission approves tax abatement for Caterpillar's renovation plan
- Lafayette's street projects wrap up as 2018 approaches
- Purdue parking permits being phased out next year