Monticello, Ind. (WLFI) -One person is dead and multiple people are in the hospital after two crashes in White County.
It happened around 2:45 pm Wednesday at the intersection of 900 East and 700 North.
Eddie Miller, 73, was traveling eastbound on 700 North.
At the intersection Miller collided with 52-year-old Brian Evans, who was traveling northbound.
Miller was pronounced dead at the scene.
Evans was taken to IU Health White Memorial Hospital for medical treatment.
About 25 minutes earlier, two vehicles crashed a few miles south.
It happened around 2:20 pm Wednesday on US 24, near County Road 950 East.
According to the sheriff's office, a semi was traveling eastbound on US 24 when it collided into a pickup truck traveling northbound toward the intersection.
Sloan Sullivan, 43, was driving the pickup.
Sullivan traveled into the intersection and collided with the semi, driven by 45-year-old Nathan McNabb.
Fire crews removed Sullivan from the wreckage.
He was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
McNabb refused treatment.
- UPDATE: One dead in White County crash
- Woman injured in White County ORV crash
- Two airlifted after White County crash
- Clinton County man found dead after crash
- 2 dead in Martin County crash
- One dead in Cass County crash
- 3 dead after Wabash County crash
- 2 dead after Montmorenci crash
- Four-vehicle crash in Whitely County sends 2 to hospital
- I-65 southbound is back open in White County after crash