(WLFI)—Parts of the News 18 viewing area are under Travel Advisories this Christmas Eve. Tippecanoe, Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton and Howard Counties are all on Travel Advisory status, the lowest level of local travel advisory. It means that “routine travel or activities may be restricted in areas because of a hazardous situation, and individuals should use caution or avoid those areas."
The Tippecanoe County Sheriff’s Office says snowfall is causing hazardous driving conditions, with all roads in the county being slick. They are urging drivers to slow down, or stay home if they don’t need to be on the road.
The Indiana Department of Transportation said on Twitter that drivers will be on the highways until midnight, and a determination will be made later whether another shift is needed on Christmas morning. INDOT said a full call-out of trucks is in place.
- Travel conditions a concern for much of the area
- Winter weather causes dangerous travel conditions
- FCC and Captioning Concerns
- Recurring flooding raises concerns
- Tracking flurries and icy conditions
- Frankfort Mayor addresses wall concerns
- Shade concerns at Frankfort Zoo
- Dangerously Cold Conditions Return to Greater Lafayette
- Icy conditions make for a slow commute
- Freezing rain causing dangerous morning driving conditions