TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)- Ten officers are recognized for making Tippecanoe County roads and highways a little bit safer.
Drive Sober Inc. credits officers from each department with 20 or more operating while intoxicated arrests.
During Tuesday's ceremony, DSI representatives reminded the public that impaired driving crashes are not accidents.
Devin Farmer was among those recognized during the Top Cop Awards.
He says he owes a lot of his OWI arrests to the public's help.
He encourages the community to call local law enforcement if they suspect someone is driving under the influence.
"So I think the public helping us get to those things really helps because obviously one of us can't be everywhere," Farmer said.
LPD, West Lafayette Police, Purdue Police, ISP and the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department had a total of 783 OWI arrests in 2017.
- Ten officers recognized at Top Cop Awards
- Purdue volleyball trio garners Big Ten awards
- Purdue professor recognized with One Brick Higher Award
- Purdue soccer tops Maryland, qualifies for first Big Ten Tournament since 2008
- Scaife has 19, winner as Rutgers women top Purdue in Big Ten
- Purdue volleyball duo honored by Big Ten
- United Way recognizes community impact
- Recognizing how Alzheimer's impacts Hoosiers
- Tipp. Co. Commissioner awarded Legislative Service Award
- Shop With a Cop brings community together