WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A temporary road closure is coming to West Lafayette this weekend. A portion of State street is closing Saturday.
The storm water infrastructure underneath the road is being fixed during this time. Crews are closing a portion of the road between University and Russell Streets. This is about a block away from Memorial Mall on Purdue's campus.
"It should be pretty minimal impact to traffic," said city Engineer Ed Garrison. "Get in there one day and get it done."
The work is expected to wrap up around 5 p.m.
- Temporary weekend road closure on State Street
- State Street closures will affect parking garage
- Temporary road closures announced around The Hub construction in W. Lafayette
- South Street closure begins Monday
- Main Street closure pushed back
- UPDATE: Warm weather forces temporary closure of skating center
- North River Road closure rescheduled
- Business owners prepare for South Street closure
- Details released in upcoming South Street closure
- Traffic Alert: State Road 26 20 minute closures start Wednesday