WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — TEDxPurdueU is hosting "Art of the Ordinary" Saturday. Those hosting explained everyone has something extraordinary to share about their field.
"I see it kind of inspiring that you don't neccesarily have to be a superman, but in the future as long as you do what you're doing and you do it well and have passion like these people do, It's something that you can do in the future as well." said TEDxPurdueU Director Aarti Panda.
The students want the Greater Lafayette community to see there is beauty in ordinary things. 10 speakers will share their success in the art of being ordinary, passionate and relentless.
"Another big selling point of it is our formal networking break in the middle," said TEDxPurdueU Assistant Director Lindsay Neufer. "They have a chance to meet the speakers which they wouldn't have the opportunity to do online and also meeting other people. One of our big goals and TED x Purude U is to build a community of people who love TED and TED x talks."
The talk is being held at Loeb Playhouse and tickets are on sale now. The event is from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m.
You don't have to be a student to get involved in TEDxPurdueU. The team is currently looking for more members.
- TEDxPurdueU to host "Art of the Ordinary" this weekend
- TEDxPurdueU event stresses the art of ordinary
- Weekend Outlook
- Mulberry hosts Hometown Christmas
- Potentially Significant Weekend Snowfall
- Tracking Weekend Winter Storm
- Clear Weekend Continues
- Purdue hosts Rube Goldberg competition
- Purdue hosts Norwegian Foot March
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza