LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The suspect arrested in Wednesday's fatal hit-and-run crash was charged Monday. 18-year-old Yariel Lunice Nicole Butler faces charges of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death (Level 5 felony), leaving the scene of an accident with serious bodily injury (Level 6 felony), and leaving the scene of an accident with bodily injury (Class A misdemeanor).
Butler was arrested August 2 during a traffic stop on South 4th Street. She is believed to be the driver in the hit and run crash on U.S. 52 that killed one man and injured two early Wednesday morning August 1.
- Suspected driver in fatal hit-and-run charged
- Suspect and vehicle involved in fatal hit-and-run found
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect bonds out of jail again
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect released from jail
- Hit-and-run suspect's charge amended after second victim dies
- Trailer located in Jasper County fatal hit and run, still looking for driver
- Remembering victims of a fatal hit-and-run crash
- Officials release names and details from fatal hit-and-run
- Statewide search underway for semi involved in Jasper Co. fatal hit-and-run
- Charges filed against drug suspects