LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — On Thursday, Joshua Balser was charged with several counts, including battery by means of a deadly weapon and criminal recklessness.
The incident happened in the area of Main and Asher streets. Prosecutors say the victim was meeting up with Balser at a nearby apartment. Afterwards, the victim says Balser approached him in a parking lot and stabbed him in the back.
He was taken to the hospital, where doctors discovered he had a punctured lung.
Prosecutors say Balser confessed.
- Suspect formally charged in weekend stabbing
- Homeless man charged in stabbing case sentenced
- Teen charged with stabbing his younger brother
- South Africa to formally protest Trump's 'shithole countries' remarks
- John Kelly discussed resigning, but no formal offer
- Suspect charged in fatal road rage stabbing of Air National Guard member
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- Name released of Rensselaer stabbing victim; suspect jailed
- 'Extremely dangerous' suspect wanted in connection with Robertson County stabbing
- Charges filed against drug suspects