LOGANSPORT, Ind. (WLFI) - The Logansport Police Department has been investigating a string of church burglaries in January. The suspect is identified as 22-year-old Christian J. Alter from Kewanna, Indiana.
According to the Logansport Police Department, the first burglary was reported to the department on January 16 at 7:05 p.m. The Refuge Worship Center located at 1655 Michigan Avenue reported that they had been broken into. Cash and a Coach purse were reported stolen.
The second burglary reported was Calvary Presbyterian Church located at 701 Spencer on January 18 at 7:54 a.m. The office was broken into and cash was stolen.
The third burglary reported was St. James Lutheran Church at 430 9th Street on January 18 at 9:17 a.m. The office was forcibly entered and cash was taken.
The fourth burglary reported was Greater Mount Zion Church located at 1500 Erie Avenue on January 18 at 12:41 p.m. Again the office was entered and cash was stolen from the church.
The fifth burglary was located by officers with the Logansport Police Department after the suspect was apprehended. Officers located an open door at Rehoboth Christian Church located at 200 East Columbia Street. After officers made contact with the Pastor, he was able to determine that the church had been entered and cash taken.
Officers located the suspect in the area of Brown Street and West Linden Avenue walking on foot half a block away from another church. Alter was taken into custody at that time. He was arrested for five counts of burglary and transported to the Cass County jail.
- Suspect arrested in string of Logansport church burglaries
- Logansport bridge set to close
- Alcohol, bicycles and shotguns recovered in string of Monticello burglaries
- NCC Baseball: McCutcheon edges Logansport in semifinals
- LOGANSPORT'S PRE JULY 4TH TORNADO IN 1845
- Logansport company shows off replica Batmobile
- Elkhart man suspected in string of Indiana and Michigan robberies
- Logansport man gets second chance at $1 million
- Purdue students assess Logansport historic theater improvements for free
- Statue dedicated to immigrants to be erected in Logansport