INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A suburban Indianapolis swim coach is facing federal charges alleging he shot video of himself having sex with one of his athletes.
Prosecutors said Thursday that 29-year-old John C. Goelz has been charged with sexual exploitation of a minor and possession of child pornography. He allegedly had a sexual relationship since February with a girl he coached at the Carmel Swim Club and on the Carmel High School swim team. Goelz is a volunteer assistant coach for the school swim team.
Prosecutors say investigators learned of the relationship on June 29 and arrested Goelz on Tuesday. They believe he had sex with the girl at parks, at his home and at an Anderson hotel where he shot video of them having sex.
Goelz's attorneys declined to comment on the charges.
- Suburban Indianapolis swim coach faces federal charges
- FedEx scraps plans for suburban Indianapolis ground hub
- Attica High School assistant track coach facing child pornography charges
- Indianapolis Zoo opening new exhibits
- Indianapolis utility wants to increase 2 monthly charges
- 2 Indianapolis men charged in shooting that killed girl, 1
- Daniel Nations faces more charges
- Purdue faces federal suit for alleged civil rights violations
- Snowmobiler finds bodies of missing Indianapolis couple
- Indianapolis airport sets passenger record during 2017