LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A number of people were still waiting for the lights to come back Thursday night after storms caused many power outages across Lafayette.
As of 9 p.m. on Thursday, Duke Energy Crews were at three locations working to get the power restored. A Duke spokesperson said just under 200 people were still without power.
Crews were on standby in case more storms hit the area.
Earlier Thursday, thousands of people were without power and the power outages also affected several traffic lights.
The South Street and Creasy Lane intersection was without power for most of the day. Traffic lights were also out at Creasy Lane and Union Street and Creasy Lane and Fortune Drive.
The outages also caused businesses, restaurants and grocery stores near South Street to be out without power.
- Storms leave thousands without power
- Friday morning power outage affects thousands
- Storm leaves trail of damage near Montmorenci
- Storm reports from Saturday
- Tracking a winter storm
- Tracking Weekend Winter Storm
- Tracking Storms on Radar
- Storm Chances for Today
- Strong Storms Tomorrow
- Thousands of Purdue students step into their future