LOGANSPORT, Ind. (AP) — A sculpture dedicated to immigrants will be erected in downtown Logansport.
The Logansport Pharos-Tribune reports that the sculpture will be carved out of white Italian marble, depicting a family of luggage-toting immigrants, including a mother, a father and a child.
The 12,000-pound sculpture will stand about 13 feet high in Heritage Park. Money was raised through a series of dinners dating back to 2013.
The Logansport Parks and Recreation Board approved the request to erect the sculpture on June 13.
Supporters believe the piece could be finished by next June, though they may need more money. They say it will honor the many different nationalities that have immigrated to Logansport.
About $60,000 has been raised.
- Statue dedicated to immigrants to be erected in Logansport
- Logansport bridge set to close
- NCC Baseball: McCutcheon edges Logansport in semifinals
- LOGANSPORT'S PRE JULY 4TH TORNADO IN 1845
- Logansport company shows off replica Batmobile
- Logansport man gets second chance at $1 million
- Suspect arrested in string of Logansport church burglaries
- Purdue students assess Logansport historic theater improvements for free
- Logansport man charged in 2004 Virginia cold case
- Remembering the Historic June 26, 1949 Logansport Storm