SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Authorities in northern Indiana say a 9-year-old boy has been found safe after being abducted by his mother, who doesn't have custody.
Jessica McBrier, a spokeswoman for the St. Joseph County prosecutor's office, says John D. Gyuriak and 29-year-old Areca Nicole Gyuriak were found Thursday morning at a gas station in South Bend. She says additional details about the case are expected to be released later.
Indiana State Police issued a statewide Amber Alert earlier in the day for the boy, who had last been seen late Wednesday in South Bend.
The alert said the boy was "believed to be in extreme danger," but didn't explain why.
- Statewide Amber Alert for 9-year-old boy canceled
- Statewide Silver Alert canceled for Elwood man
- Statewide Silver Alert canceled for missing 58-year-old woman
- A Statewide Silver Alert has been canceled for Avon man
- Subject of Auburn Amber Alert found safe
- Statewide Silver Alert issued for Cumberland man
- Statewide Silver Alert issued for Cambridge City man
- Silver Alert canceled for missing Delphi couple
- Silver alert cancelled for Kokomo man
- Silver Alert canceled for missing 80-year-old woman