WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — With Purdue's spring semester wrapped up, the next phase of the State Street Redevelopment Project begins in West Lafayette Monday.
The largest closure is happening on Stadium Aveune on Purdue's campus. It's expected to last the next few months.
Stadium Avenue is closing from McCormick Road to just west of Northwestern Avenue. The road is expected to open back up from Northwestern Avenue to Martin Jischke Drive by the time students return to campus in Aug.
Also on Monday, the intersection of Martin Jischke Drive and Stadium is also closing to pedestrians and drivers. The intersection is suppose to reopen by May 20. Drivers can use North Russel Road which will remain open during this closure.
After May 20, the Stadium Avenue and North Russle Street intersection will close and Martin Jischke Drive will then open to through traffic.
For more information on the State Street Redevelopment Project and closures, click here.
- Stadium Avenue closes for summer Monday
- Closures coming to Stadium Avenue
- Utility work planned for Loeb Stadium this summer
- SR 234 closing Monday
- Dayton Elementary closes early Monday
- Hillsborough Stadium Disaster Fast Facts
- North River Road to temporarily close Monday
- Portion of South Street to close Monday
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium prepares for National Championship
- Man builds snack-filled mini stadiums