WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Target has announced it plans to open a small-format store in West Lafayette. According to a press release, the store will be located at 304 W. State St., at the intersection of State Street and Northwestern Avenue.
Target has signed a lease with South Street Capital (the building developer) and the store development will begin pending city council approval this spring.
“We’re excited to be opening our first small-format store in Indiana to offer Purdue students and area residents a convenient shopping experience that is uniquely Target. We look forward to enhancing the college life experience for the Boilermaker community while also providing a new retail option for the neighborhood,” said Mark Schindele, senior vice president, Properties, Target.
At nearly 11,800-square-feet, the store will offer students and residents a quick-trip shopping experience with a curated assortment mix. The store will also offer Order Pickup.
“Target will be a great addition to our latest mixed-use project as South Street Capital continues to bring industry-leading developments to West Lafayette. Combining a well-loved brand like Target with our first class residential property will provide students and residents near Purdue University a great place to live and shop,” said Marc Muinzer, founder, South Street Capital. “Additionally, South Street Capital subsidiary, Muinzer Management, looks forward to providing superior property management and customer service to our expanding portfolio of retail and residential tenants.”
The West Lafayette State Street Target store will employ up to 45 team members.
- New "small format" Target store will open near Purdue
- Over the phone scams targeting international students at Purdue University
- Purdue wrestling splits duals in home-opener
- Purdue baseball sweeps season-opening double-header
- Purdue baseball set for home-opener
- Purdue volleyball stays perfect on opening day
- Former Where Else Bar, Fresh Mix store to be torn down Wednesday for new Target
- Two sisters fulfill lifelong dream of opening candy store
- Trinity Life Ministry opens new thrift store location
- Purdue football 2018 season opener moved to Thursday