The rainy Friday continues........
It will be a wet Frenzy!
Here is the passage of Gordon now & through the weekend. It will be a wet Purdue-Eastern Michigan game at Ross-Ade!
Note the heaviest rainfall & strongest winds occurring Saturday night. Gusts of 35-45 mph are still likely with sustained winds at 15-25 mph for a few hours as the pressure gradient between TD Gordon & high pressure over Ontario & Quebec tightens. This could brings a few weakened limbs down & lead to a few isolated local power outages. It will also toss trash cans & patio furniture around.
So, just count on rainy weather through Sunday with increasing winds. Temperatures will be cool with 60s at night & near 70 during the day. 2-6" of rainfall is likely area-wide with lightest amounts in the northwest, heaviest amounts in the south & southeast. However, it now appears that there may be some isolated amounts of +6" in the southern & southeastern areas.
Watch for flash flooding. Flash Flood Watch is up through Sunday for much of the viewing area. Only Benton, Newton, Jasper, Pulaski & Fulton counties are not under the watch from NWS.
Any slight shift northward in the track of TD Gordon would result in bringing the heavier rainfall totals into the area. We will continue to monitor.
- September 6, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 7, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 5, 9:45 PM Weather Update
- September 8, 1 PM: Your Forecast Update
- September 6, 1:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 19, 5:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- 4 p.m. Weather Update
- 3 p.m. Weather Update
- September 8, 5:30 PM Short-Term Forecast Update
- September 6, 3:30 PM Short-Term Forecast Update