MIAMI COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Thursday morning, police in Imperial County California arrested Joshua Kean on an Indiana warrant.
According to police, Kean waived down a group that was driving by his location requesting assistance. Kean was about a mile from the campground where officers had arrested Cain on Monday. Kean did not have any food or water and appeared to be suffering from the effects of dehydration. The group contacted local law enforcement officers who were able to identify Kean and arrest him on the Indiana warrant.
Kean was transported to the Pioneers Memorial Hospital where he is expected to remain hospitalized for the next couple of days. He is being treated for the effects the severe southern California weather conditions had on his body while on the run from law enforcement.
When Kean is released from the hospital, he will be booked into the Imperial County California Jail pending extradition proceedings.
In Indiana, Kean faces charges for assisting a criminal, obstruction of justice, and theft.
On May 19, 2018 around 10:20 a.m., officers from the Indiana State Police, the Miami County Sheriff’s Department, and conservation officers from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources responded to a possible death, on the Okie Pinokie Trail, near the area of State Road 124 and Miami County Road 510 East.
The preliminary investigation by Indiana State Police detectives revealed that two men were mushroom hunting, in a wooded area on the Okie Pinokie Trail, near State Road 124 and Miami County Road 510 East. The men allegedly found the body of a deceased male. The deceased male was identified as Drake Allan Smith, 22, Summitville, IN. An autopsy revealed that Smith’s death was a homicide.
- Second person arrested in Miami Co. trail murder
- One suspect in custody, one still wanted in Miami Co. trail murder
- Kokomo teen dies in Miami Co. crash
- Harris Leads Purdue past Miami (Ohio) 75-66
- Police catch 2 during Miami Co. burglary
- EMT Dies in Miami County Crash
- Bridge maintenance to begin in Miami Co.
- Miami County crash claims life of 12-year-old girl
- Curb ramp upgrades begin in Miami County Monday
- Miami Marathon: Marlins top Cubs 2-1 in 17 innings