WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Work on the Sagamore Parkway bridge has been delayed again.
An INDOT spokesperson says the setting of beams for the bridge is postponed until December.
North River Road was scheduled to close for a portion of last week so contractors could unload the beams for the bridge.
Because of high water levels, the beams were not delivered.
INDOT Spokesperson Debbie Calder says now crews will get the beams and set them in December.
That means North River Road will be closed from Dec. 6–22.
"Right now, barring any unforeseen weather events or added rain, we are planning to close North River Road for the contractor to get the beams arrived at the area, get the crane set up, and then get the beams set," said Calder.
Calder says during that time in December, there could be minor closures on the westbound Sagamore bridge while crews set the beams.
The project completion date is scheduled for late-summer 2018.
- Schedule slips on Sagamore bridge construction
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Sagamore bridge closures delayed until Wednesday
- Construction delays expected on Sagamore Parkway
- 20-minute closures on Sagamore Pkwy Bridge begin Tuesday
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday
- Delays on Sagamore already reported ahead of Tuesday's bridge work
- Drivers responding well to Sagamore bridge lane closures
- TRAFFIC ALERT: INDOT recommends detours for Sagamore bridge lane closures
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Sagamore Bridge work extended through Thursday