INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Two Indianapolis Sam’s Club locations at 3015 W. 86th St. and 10859 E. Washington St. will be shut down.
Our news-gathering partner WISHTV.com reports according to filings with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development, more than 300 employees will be affected.
A third Indiana store in Goshen will also close.
In a tweet, the company said, “After a thorough review of our existing portfolio, we’ve decided to close a series of clubs and better align our locations with our strategy.”
After a thorough review of our existing portfolio, we’ve decided to close a series of clubs and better align our locations with our strategy. Closing clubs is never easy and we’re committed to working with impacted members and associates through this transition.
— Sam's Club (@SamsClub) January 11, 2018
Earlier on Thursday, the company had announced raises and bonuses for Walmart and Sam’s Club employees.
- Sam’s Club stores abruptly close
- Walmart boosts starting pay, closing dozens of Sam’s Clubs
- Sam Postlethwait celebrates 100th birthday
- FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe steps down abruptly
- Starbucks to close stores for an afternoon for bias training
- Starbucks to close over 8,000 stores for anti-bias training
- Indiana liquor stores closed on New Year’s Eve, a Sunday
- SR 234 closing Monday
- Apples sold in Aldi stores recalled
- Changes in store for Brown Street