WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- A weekend retreat is impacting stroke survivors and caregivers in West Lafayette.
The Retreat and Refresh Stroke Camp is happening July 1st through the 3rd at Purdue University. The event is made to be an opportunity for those impacted to see they are not alone.
During the weekend the campers do team building activities, drum circles and games. Saturday's events included relaxation and spa sessions for campers and volunteers.
Occupational therapist Wendy Pullen said there is a lot of opportunity for support at camp.
"It's a huge life-changing event," Pullen said. "Their everyday life has changed and what we know with working with stroke survivors and caregivers is that they need a lot of support as they go through this journey."
For more information on their camps, you can find here.
- Retreat and Refresh Stroke Camp connects survivors
- Hoosier Burn Camp connects children after tragedies
- Holocaust survivor speaks to students
- Monticello teacher attends space camp
- Kindergarten Countdown Camp applications now being accepted
- Camp Sycamore Valley celebrates 70th anniversary
- No survivors after Wisconsin-bound plane crashes near Rossville
- LPD looking for man wanted in connection to fatal shooting
- State police searching for two men in connection to murder
- Plans in the works to make Lafayette more connected