WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- A weekend retreat is impacting stroke survivors and caregivers in West Lafayette.
The Retreat and Refresh Stroke Camp is happening July 1st through the 3rd at Purdue University. The event is made to be an opportunity for those impacted to see they are not alone.
During the weekend the campers do team building activities, drum circles and games. Saturday's events included relaxation and spa sessions for campers and volunteers.
Occupational therapist Wendy Pullen said there is a lot of opportunity for support at camp.
"It's a huge life-changing event," Pullen said. "Their everyday life has changed and what we know with working with stroke survivors and caregivers is that they need a lot of support as they go through this journey."
For more information on their camps, you can find here.
- Retreat and Refresh Stroke Camp connects survivors
- Hoosier Burn Camp connects children after tragedies
- Kindergarten Countdown Camp applications now being accepted
- Camp Sycamore Valley celebrates 70th anniversary
- No survivors after Wisconsin-bound plane crashes near Rossville
- Purdue terminates Camp DASH program after assessment review
- Former Purdue basketball players to host basketball camps
- Female high school students learn cyber security through GenCyber camp
- Former Purdue star E'Twaun Moore holds annual camp in Indiana
- Camp brings outdoor activities for those with disabilities