TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- The Tippecanoe School Corporation is set to move forward with millions in renovations.
As News 18 has previously reported, the corporation is looking to make upgrades at McCutcheon and Harrison High Schools. That includes upgrades to science labs and auditoriums, as well as athletic facility improvements.
Renovations are also planned for Battle Ground Middle School.
Wednesday night, the school board reviewed the designs for the projects and discussed some general financing.
It's all in response to growing student enrollment and aging facilities.
"Both of those schools were built in the early 70s and they're in need of improvements, mechanical, electrical type things and when we're in there doing those types of renovations, it's always important to look at the educational functionality of those schools. Do they meet our students' needs today?" said Superintendent Scott Hanback.
Hanback said they should have a timeline for the various projects this spring.
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- Plans for development in WL move forward yet again
- Plans for brewing company move forward after concerns are addressed
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- TSC taking a 'neutral stance' on planned walkouts
- Renovation planned for downtown Indianapolis shopping mall
- Enrollment continues to increase for TSC
- TSC ready to start athletic facility projects
- TSC getting ready for Kindergarten Roundup