LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)-- Franciscan Health is raising awareness for pediatric departments with a fundraising competition.
Saturday morning, Race For Kids 5K hosted families to help raise money for the cause. The proceeds will help purchase equipment and supplies for the level three Neonatal intensive care units or NICU, and pediatric therapy department.
NICU is a regional referral center for high-risk pregnancies along with state of the art care for premature infants.
Executive Director Sandy Howarth said these donations will benefit future patients.
"Not only is this money used for equipment for the patients but it's also for care for the families," Howarth said. "Often times they are needing help with the medications, equipment needs for their babies or children, so that's what the funds will go to support."
Children were also invited to participate in a 100-yard dash before the race began.
- Race For Kids 5K raises money for Franciscan Health pediatric departments
- Franciscan Health hosts Safe Kids Day
- 5K raises money for human trafficking victims
- HIGHLIGHTS/BRACKETS: Franciscan Health Hoops Classic
- Franciscan Health Lafayette East's campus expanding
- Franciscan Health holds discussion about suicide prevention
- Franciscan Health Lafayette unveils new rehabilitation gym
- Franciscan Health Lafayette opens new West Tower
- HIGHLIGHTS: Franciscan Health Girls Hoops Classic (First Round)
- Visitor restrictions to be placed on Franciscan Health facilities