WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — The Purdue women’s golf team played a solid final round, but couldn’t close the distance on Texas Tech to take runner-up honors at the Lady Boilermaker Classic, hosted at Ackerman-Allen Course at the Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex on Sunday. The Boilermakers had the best team score of the final round, shooting three-over par, 291, but the Red Raiders held on to their sizable lead from the first round to claim the event title.
Sophomore Micaela Farah and freshman Inez Wanamarta tied for the Boilermakers’ top individual placing, tying for fourth place at three-over par, 219, for the tournament. Wanamarta made 18 straight pars Sunday, marking her second consecutive round of par or better, while Farah shot her third straight round of one-over par, 73, dropping in two birdies Sunday.
Junior Covadonga SanJuan had the Boilermakers’ top individual score Sunday, shooting one-under par, 71, on the strength of two birdies and an even-par front nine. SanJuan climbed into the individual top-10 on the final day, taking seventh at five-over par, 221, for the tournament. Fellow junior Ida Ayu Indira Melati Putri had the fourth and final team score Sunday, shooting three-over par, 75, and finishing 12th overall at nine-over par, 225.
Texas Tech finished eight-over par, 284-294-294=872, for the tournament, besting the Boilermakers by eight strokes as they shot 297-292-291=880. The Red Raiders’ Gabby Barker claimed medalist honors, shooting three-under par, 70-73-70=213, and posting a five-shot advantage on the second-place finishers. Augusta’s Nicole Page had the top individual score Sunday, shooting three-under 69.
Purdue heads into the postseason next weekend, competing at the Big Ten Championships at TPC River’s Bend in Maineville, Ohio.
- Purdue women's golf takes runner-up in home tournament
- Lafayette City Golf Tournaments continue
- Purdue volleyball reacts to NCAA tournament draw
- Purdue WBB left out of NCAA Tournament
- Purdue baseball draws Houston in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue women's golf in solid position after first round of conference weekend
- Purdue track & field takes home 7 individual conference titles
- Purdue women disappointed in tournament snub, will play IUPUI in WNIT
- Purdue men's golf wins team title at Kepler Intercollegiate
- McCutcheon runner Will Persin commits to Wyoming