WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — After seeing the largest football attendance increase in the nation, Purdue University's men's and women's basketball teams are also packing the seats.
The number-three ranked men's team is filling Mackey Arena to capacity.
Four of its final five home games are sold out.
There are only about 800 tickets left for the Maryland game on Jan. 31.
The women's team is also predicted to have an upswing after recently beating two ranked teams.
Boiler fans are happy to be winning on the turf and the hardwood.
"All the Purdue fans, it's good to see them getting involved," said fan Kaan Ardic.
Matt Warda feels the same way saying, "Yeah, absolutely. Support your teams. Support your school. Your alma mater"
Boiler student Michael Clemons says it's a good time to be a Boiler.
"All the students are really hyped about our sports teams right now. It's just a good feeling that everyone is behind our basketball and football teams," said Clemons.
Senior Associate Athletics Director Tom Schott says not only are the football and basketball having success.
Women's soccer and volleyball both posted winning records this year.
And the Purdue cheer team won a national championship last weekend.
- Purdue victories lead to sellouts at Mackey
- Mackey gets better cell reception
- Purdue volleyball falls to Nebraska at Mackey Arena
- Mackey Arena hosts men's basketball watch party
- Purdue basketball legends return to Mackey Arena for annual alumni game
- Rizzo, Schwarber lead Cubs to 5-3 victory over Tigers
- Montgomery, Bote lead Cubs to 5-0 victory over Royals
- Harris Leads Purdue past Miami (Ohio) 75-66
- Oden leads Purdue women over Illinois, 64-51
- Beard, McGowan lead Purdue past Valparaiso 4-1