WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- Come Valentine's Day, students will be singing all over the Lafayette area. And it's all in the name of love.
Purdue's annual Singing Valentines are the perfect way to let your significant other really know how you feel.
One session costs $30 and includes a rose, a cookie and a special note written by your valentine.
As well as a group of Purdue Music students singing your choice of one song.
This year's song options are Bushel and a Peck, My Girl, Can't Take My Eyes Off of You, and L-O-V-E.
Sophomore singer and Purduette Kira Siepman participated last year.
She says she loves seeing peoples reactions.
"Last year we actually had an engagement happen after we sang a song," said Siepman. "So it was really cool to just see how much happiness we can bring to people through singing to them. We saw all, like, their love, with the engagement and everything so it was awesome."
The Purdue Singing Valentines received around 110 orders this year, which was an increase from last year.
- Purdue spreads the love by singing this Valentine's Day
- Warming Up for Valentine's Day
- Rain chances return Valentine's Day
- Little Hats, Big Hearts program spreads the love to newborns
- Veterans Day festivities at Purdue
- Christmas parade spreads holiday cheer
- VIDEO: Notes from Purdue's NFL Pro Day
- Purdue group celebrates International Women's Day
- Purdue's Day of Giving raises $37 million
- Purdue holds annual Memorial Day Service