WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A new report names Purdue University the 12th safest campus in the country.
The National Council for Home Safety and Security ranked the schools based on the FBI's uniform crime reporting.
The school’s safety score was calculated by analyzing crimes reported by universities, including rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, motor vehicle theft and arsons. Schools with insufficent data were excluded.
The report lists Brigham Young University-Idaho the safest followed by Oakland University in Michigan and Northern Kentucky University.
Purdue is the only college in Indiana to rank within the top 100 and is number one in the Big Ten. Indiana University ranked 109. Ball State University ranked 157.
- Purdue ranked 12th safest university in new poll
- Purdue basketball ranked No. 21 in coaches poll
- Purdue officially launches Purdue University Global
- Purdue University's Horticulture Park reopens
- Summer construction at Purdue University
- Purdue ranks fourth in international student enrollment
- Purdue University forms research alliance with university in Peru
- Purdue University student receives prestigious scholarship
- IPFW officially becomes Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Purdue Veterinary Teaching Hospital is ranked highest in the nation