WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — The No. 19-ranked Purdue men’s basketball team wraps its three-game in five-day stretch to begin the 2017-18 season with a trip to Marquette for the 2017 version of the Gavitt Games. Tip is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET from the Harris BMO Bradley Center in Milwaukee.
The game will be televised by FS1 with Brian Anderson and Stephen Bardo on the call. On the radio waves, Larry Clisby and Rob Blackman will handle the call on the Purdue Radio Network.
Live stats will be provided on PurdueSports.com and fans can receive in-game updates via Twitter at @BoilerBall, or on the Purdue Sports App.
Purdue is looking to start 3-0 for the ninth time in the 13-year era of Matt Painter. Purdue last began a season 3-0 during the 2015-16 campaign, en route to an 11-0 start.
Following the trip to Marquette, Purdue will host Fairfield on Saturday before heading to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis.
Looking Back (Weekly Rewind)
• Purdue’s offense clicked at a high rate during its two-game opening weekend homestand, averaging 108.0 points while shooting 59.8 percent from the field en route to a 2-0 mark.
• Purdue scored 100 points in back-to-back games for the first time since Feb. 1974, when it tallied 105 points in the opener against SIU-Edwardsville and 111 against Chicago State.
• Purdue’s 111 points were the most for the program since scoring 118 against Florida A&M on Dec. 22, 1997, and the 17th most in a game in school history.
• The 69-point margin of victory over Chicago State is the most in the modern era and the second most in school history behind a 106-point (112-6) win over Indiana State on Jan. 10, 1911.
• Purdue also shot over 59.0 percent in consecutive games for the first time since Dec. 1994.
• Six players are averaging in double-figures through two games, led by Carsen Edwards (20.5).
The Numbers to Know
• 0: Wins by Purdue in the Gavitt Games, after falling to Villanova a year ago.
• 108.0: Among teams with two games played vs. D-I teams, Purdue is second in the country in scoring.
• 59.8: Purdue’s field goal percentage after the first two games of the season.
• 44.7: Purdue’s 3-point percentage through the first two games of the season.
• 40: Consecutive weeks that Purdue has been ranked in the Top 25, sixth-longest streak in country.
• 50.0: Average margin of victory in Purdue’s first two games.
• 17: Blocked shots in first two games. Last year, Purdue didn’t have 17 blocks until the 9th game.
• 55.5: Points per game by Purdue’s senior class so far this year.
• 3,503: Points scored by Purdue’s seniors, the third most by a senior class at one school.
• 34-1: Purdue’s record at home over last 35 games when the Paint Crew has been in attendance.