WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — The schedule for the 2018 Paradise Jam was released Thursday, unveiling the Purdue women’s basketball team’s three opponents in the U.S. Virgin Islands for the 2018-19 season. The Boilermakers make their third-ever trip to the annual holiday tournament, and second under head coach Sharon Versyp.
Purdue was placed in the Paradise Jam Reef Division, set to play St. John’s, Mississippi and UConn. The Boilermakers open tournament play Thursday, Nov. 22 against the Red Storm at 5:30 p.m. ET, followed by a Friday tip against Ole Miss at 5:30 p.m. and the tournament finale Saturday vs. UConn at 7:30 p.m. ET.
The Boilermakers face St. John’s for the first time in program history, and square off with Mississippi for just the second time, falling to the Rebels 62-54 on Dec. 21, 1993, before going on to the first Final Four in program history. Purdue will play UConn for the seventh time in school history, last meeting at the 2012 Paradise Jam, where the 12th-ranked Boilermakers fell to the second-ranked Huskies.
Tournament travel packages are yet to be announced by the Paradise Jam. For more tournament information visit the official website at www.paradisejam.com.
With the announcement the Boilermakers’ non-conference schedule is nearly complete, awaiting the release of the 2018 ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Opponents and locations are expected to be released in late summer.
- Purdue women's basketball to play UConn in Paradise Jam
- Purdue basketball to play in Charleston Classic
- Purdue women's basketball unveils 2018-19 nonconference schedule
- HIGHLIGHTS: Turnovers sink Purdue women's basketball in loss to Ohio
- Purdue women’s basketball falls at Rutgers, 58-50
- Miracle Gray to transfer from Purdue women’s basketball
- Purdue women's basketball 2018-19 Big Ten opponents announced
- Purdue, IU to play twice next season
- Purdue's Tyler Powers plays with heavy heart
- Former Purdue basketball players to host basketball camps