PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Purdue is one of eight teams being considered to fill four remaining slots in the women's NCAA Tournament field.
Other teams under consideration for the last four in and first four out are Buffalo, Creighton, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Rutgers, Southern Cal and West Virginia.
“It was pretty much chalk in the conference tournaments this week as far as non top-five or six league regular season champions,” Creighton Coach, Jim Flanery said.
Women’s basketball committee chair Rhonda Bennett said on ESPN that the committee had been discussing the final eight teams all day leading up to the reveal.
“We need to get these teams right,” she said. “We spent pretty much the entire day on these teams.”
The women’s bracket will be revealed Monday night with the tournament tipping off on Friday. The top 16 seeds will host the first two rounds.
For the third consecutive year, the NCAA revealed its top 16 seeds over the course of the season. In the last reveal on Feb. 19, UConn, Mississippi State, Louisville and Notre Dame were projected as No. 1 seeds.
- Purdue WBB one of eight teams considered for four remaining slots in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue WBB left out of NCAA Tournament
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named to all-region team (NCAA Tournament)
- Purdue volleyball reacts to NCAA tournament draw
- Purdue baseball draws Houston in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue volleyball beats High Point, advances in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue volleyball falls to Utah in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue receives 2-seed in NCAA tournament; Will face Cal. State-Fullerton
- Purdue students design one-of-a-kind elbow brace for NCAA tournament
- Purdue students excited for NCAA Sweet 16