WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue's women's basketball team did not make this year's NCAA tournament field.
The Boilermakers were part of a group of eight teams, which were considered for the final four slots in the field.
The four teams selected from that group were Buffalo, Creighton, Minnesota, and Oklahoma.
All four of those teams had a better college basketball power index (BPI) rating than Purdue.
Purdue still may be selected to the Women's National Invitation Tournament (WNIT).
We will keep you updated on WLFI-TV and WLFI.com.
- Purdue WBB left out of NCAA Tournament
- Purdue WBB one of eight teams considered for four remaining slots in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue volleyball reacts to NCAA tournament draw
- Purdue baseball draws Houston in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue volleyball beats High Point, advances in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue volleyball falls to Utah in NCAA Tournament
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named to all-region team (NCAA Tournament)
- Purdue receives 2-seed in NCAA tournament; Will face Cal. State-Fullerton
- Purdue students design one-of-a-kind elbow brace for NCAA tournament
- Purdue students excited for NCAA Sweet 16